Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Knee Deep
by Jolene Perry
Publication Date: May 1, 2012

Shawn is the guy Ronnie Bird promised her life to at the age of fourteen. He's her soul mate. He's more uptight every day, but it's not his fault. His family life is stressful, and she's adding to it. She just needs to be more understanding, and he'll start to be the boy she fell in love with. She won’t give up on someone she’s loved for so long.

Luke is her best friend, and the guy she hangs with to watch girlie movies in her large blanketopias. He's the guy she can confide in before she even goes to her girlfriends, and the guy who she's playing opposite in Romeo and Juliet. Now her chest flutters every time he gets too close. This is new. Is Ronnie falling for him? Or is Juliet? The lines are getting blurry, but leaving one guy for another is not something that a girl like Ronnie does.

Shawn’s outbursts are starting to give her bruises, and Luke’s heart breaks as Ronnie remains torn. While her thoughts and feelings swirl around the lines between friendship and forever, she’s about to lose them both.

GoodReads link to Knee Deep

28 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this sounds like a great read!! Thanks for posting it. Adding to my wishlist.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my WoW post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read, haven't seen this before! Think I'll pop it onto my wishlist. I've added you to my RSS feed reader too, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the sound of this one...very emotional. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an emotional read! Great pick, and thanks for stopping by! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds pretty good. I may give it a try. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh YEAY! another Jolene Perry book! I am SOLD. I must get my hands on it VERY SOON!! and wow, it comes out may 1? that is so soon! AWESOMENESS <3

    thanks so much for sharing!!

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds like a good contemporary read :) although a little intense! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, I don't know if I could deal with this. Never accept abuse ever! Anyway, I'll be curious what people say about it.

    Someday I won't have the most popular WoW choice as mine. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The story sounds intense. Is the first time that I heard of it.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sound of this one. I'm putting it on my list. The cover is very poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this story sounds intense! I'm definitely adding this to my tbr, it looks absolutely excellent!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful story. It's going onto my TBR.

    Thanks for visiting our blog.
    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOoh nice! Haven't heard of this one, but the cover is mighty intriguing!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am with Jessica I have not heard of this one either, but it sounds good. Good way to find some indie books

    Thanks for stopping by My Wow I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a good read. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds good but a little sad..hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need. to. read. this. one. Her real relationship sounds abusive, so it's a must read for me anyway.

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of this one before!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the sound of this one and think it can be an emotional read too. I want!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice pick! I think I've seen this one around before. Sounds intense. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw this one last week somewhere too. Looks pretty intense! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. New follower, Ihaven't heard of this book before but it sounds really good it's definitely going on my wishlist, great pick, my wow

    http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't typically read contemporary YA, but I think I may make an exception for Knee Deep. It sounds like it could be a great, intense read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't heard of this one before now but it sounds great. Love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't heard of this book before. It sounds like something I would like!

    ReplyDelete