Monday, May 21, 2012

Jamie B. Musings/Jamie White - The Life and Times of No One in Particular - Author Interview

Author Interview

1. How did you come up with the title?
I wrote this book during NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) 2011 and was stuck on what I was going to name my book. The website had a section in it's forums where you can "adopt a title." As soon as I saw the title, I knew I had to claim it for this story.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Always be good to your muse! Also, don't be afraid to take a chance on a creative project.

3. How much of the book is realistic?
Totally fictional, although my muse might disagree.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
No, I'm pretty happy with where it ended up.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Fighting a tendency towards procrastination to get the daily NaNo word goal in.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
That it is actually possible for me to write a full novel.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
In my High School journalism class.

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I would have to say Christopher Pike was one of my early favorites along with Ann M. Martin. I've recently been reading a lot of indie authors like Mark Stone, Emlyn Chand and Marni Mann and love their work.

9. Tell us your latest news.
My first book, The Life and Times of No One in Particular, was released on May 22, 2012 and I am currently working on a number of blog and book-related projects.


10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I hope you'll enjoy the story! Thanks a lot of taking the time to read this.


About the Book

Beware the muse with a chip on her shoulder.

Muses are often called uncooperative, grumpy, lazy beings who abandon a writer when they're needed most. Now, one of them has decided to tell their side of the story. Meet Clarissa, a muse who has spent centuries trying to inspire artists who sometimes are too stubborn to listen to her.

What is your muse trying to say to you? Clarissa might just be able to answer that...

Price: $0.99
Number of Pages: 216
Genre: Paranormal Fiction/Satire/YA
Publisher: Create Space
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Buy Link: Kindle


About the Author

Jamie B. Musings (Jamie White) is a music addict, book lover, pet servant and NaNoWriMo survivor. When she's not busy writing posts for Culture Shock, she's taking pictures for her new obsession (That Photo Blog) and spending time with her husband and pets. Her first book, The Life and Times of No One in Particular, was released this month.

Connect with Jamie:
Web Site
Blog - Culture Shock
Blog - That Photo Blog
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment