Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is
:



The Color of Snow
by Brenda Stanley
Publication Date: June 1, 2012

When a beautiful 16-year-old girl named Sophie is found sequestered in a cage-like room in a rundown house in the desolate hills of Arbon Valley, Idaho, the entire community is shocked to learn she is the legendary Callidora--a baby girl who was kidnapped from her crib almost seventeen years ago and canonized in missing posters with portraits of what the fabled girl might resemble. Authorities soon learn that the cage was there to protect people from Sophie, because her biological father believes she is cursed.

Sophie is discovered after the man she knows as Papa, shoots and injures Damien, a young man who is trying to rescue her. Now, unsocialized and thrust into the world, and into a family she has never met, Sophie must decide whether she should accept her Papa’s claims that she is cursed and he was only trying to protect others, or trust the new people in her life who have their own agendas. Guided by a wise cousin, Sophie realizes that her most heartbreaking challenge is to decide if her love for Damien will destroy him like her Papa claims, or free her from past demons that haunt her mind.

Click here to add The Color of Snow to your Goodreads to-read list.

27 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Still a whole month to wait though :\

    Thanks for dropping by!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fresh plot. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my kind of read! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been on my wishlist for ages - I can't wait for it! Obviously I like your pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this book so thank you very much for stopping by my My WoW and sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting. Liking the cover!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen that one around. It looks good, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! This sounds seriously creepy!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. Like the sound of this one. Adding to my list :)

    Thank you for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good! Its sounds like a book that could stay with you for a few days after finishing it! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds kinda like Shatter Me. I'm putting it on my to read list. Thanks for sharing! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my WOW....new follower! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds really interesting. I agree with the above commenter that it sounds like Shatter Me, which I loved.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick! Hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds like a great read! Curious if Sophie is really cursed or not?

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds interesting!! I will be sure to check it out :)


    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds really good and could be really interesting to read.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice choice! I like the cover and the story sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa! I have never heard of that one, but I'm definitely intrigued now! Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is new to me so thanks for sharing. It sounds really intriguing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, gorgeous cover :) Seems like an awesome book ;) Great pick.
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks very interesting! Added to my TBR pile. And thanks for stopping by my WoW. Cassie @ Citrus Reads

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't heard of this one. Sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  23. This one sounds very intriguing. I wonder if it has any fairy tale references. Thanks for visiting Book Strings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, sounds great, now I will be waiting for it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, sounds very intriguing! I'll have to add it to my wishlist. Nice choice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, sounds like a great book! Just added it to my TBR Pile :) Thanks for pointing out! Great WoW post! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete