Monday, July 2, 2012

Paul T. Harry - The 5 Moons of Tiiana - Author Interview

Author Interview

1. How did you come up with the title?
I’m not really sure. I knew when I was formulating the story that I wanted my character to travel between places as the story unfolded. This was a process used by Edgar Rice Burroughs with John Carter of Mars. I really enjoyed his serial novels as a boy and I was really taken with the variety of creatures that lived upon the planet Mars, and how John Carter would travel between Mars and Earth. I think the fact that I wanted to imitate this format and style, and yet, create something fresh was the basis for the story and the title: The 5 Moons of Tiiana.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want the readers to grasp?
Not really. I just want to take the reader on an adventure. I don’t think this novel is going to solve any world problems or social issues. That was not my intention. My hope is that it will allow the reader to escape for a while into an adventuresome world of fun.

3. How much the book is realistic?
The book is realistic only in the sense that I tried to use the rules of science to supplement the adventures taking place. There is no magic used in this book, as say with books featuring wizards or goblins. I wanted the events taking place to be plausible.

4. If you had it all to do over again, would you change anything in your book?
No, I think it was written at the perfect time–at least for me. I’ve had the story rolling around in my head for many, many years, but this was the time to put it in print. And fortunately with the Internet being what it is today, it’s a great time to market it as well.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Keeping all the facts straight. When you’re dealing with five moons, a slew of different races and the environments they live in, things can get confusing. This is one of the reasons I ended up putting a map of Boutal in the book. I figured it would help the reader understand what was happening when and where. Not to mention it helped me navigate the waters.

6. Did you learn anything from your book and what was it?
It only reaffirmed my love for the creative process. I enjoy solving problems with my characters, figuring out where to go next, and how to make them come alive for the reader.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I have been interested in writing and the creative process for as long as I can remember. I think, maybe we’re each born with some intrinsic desires or areas of interest. For many of us these desires tug at our heart for most of our lives. The trick is, finding your dream and fulfilling it.

8. Who your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
It’s very hard to have one favorite author. But if I had to pick the one that had the most influence on me, it would be Edgar Rice Burroughs. By today’s standard, many would find his narrative archaic, but as thirteen-year-old boy way back when, I had no problem with that. His vision and style opened up the universe for me.

9. Tell us about your latest news.
The 5 Moons of Tiiana is coming out in both print and Kindle and if things keep going as I hope, there will be a sequel and a prequel.

10. Do you have anything specific that you would like to say to our readers?
Yes, I would like to let your readers know that on July 4, the Kindle version of The 5 Moons of Tiiana is going to be free. It’s a one-day offer and I’m hoping your readers will take advantage of it.


About the Book

The 5 Moons of Tiiana is a science fiction narration on a soldier caught in the middle of an interstellar war, faced with rescuing the princess he loves, and solving a 2000 year-old mystery that just might yield the secret to bringing peace to both sides of the galaxy.

Captain Rez Cantor is commander of the Imperial Army’s Shadow Guard and the personal attaché to Princess Leanna, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the Emperor, and sole heir to the Melelan throne.

On the eve of a treaty signing ending the twelve-year-war between the alien-hybrid Relcor and the Melelan Empire, Rez learns that the Imperial family has been slated for death. Under orders from his Queen, Rez is given his final command–save the Princess at all costs.

Overcoming insurmountable odds, Rez abducts Leanna from the Imperial palace, and the two flee Melela along with others of the Imperial guard. Unfortunately, their ship is nuked as it enters warp, creating an event horizon that sends the ship 128,000 light years across the galaxy to the Moons of Tiiana. It is on one of these moons that Rez awakens upon a beach–injured and alone–without the Princess.

So begins the sojourn of Rez Cantor upon the Moons of Tiiana: Five moons stagnating from a 2000 year-old war that has left its alien races in limbo and decay. Five moons that crave a hero bold enough to lead its people out of the darkness. Five moons that hold the future of the Melelan Empire deep within the ashes of war.

The 5 Moons of Tiiana … the journey begins!

Price: Paperback $16.95 Kindle $3.99 Free on July 4 one-day only!
Page count: 466 pages
Genre: Science Fiction
Publisher: Sphere Publishing, LLC
Release date: June 2012
Buy Link: Amazon


About the Author

Paul T. Harry attended the University of Nevada Las Vegas as an English major with a theater arts minor before beginning his career as a writer and music producer. He also worked as an editor with Second Avenue Songwriter’s magazine and has spent the last 30 years writing novels, screenplays and short stories. Paul is married with four children and resides in Gold Canyon, outside Phoenix.

Links to Connect with Paul:
Web Site
Facebook
Twitter


8 comments:

  1. Yes! Finallу someone writes about lançaremos.


    my web-sitе :: v2 cigs review

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I'm satisfieԁ thаt yοu
    simρly shaгed this helрful informаtiοn with uѕ.
    Please κеep us up tο ԁate like this.
    Тhanκ you for sharing.

    Нere iѕ my wеb ρage; v2 cigs review
    My site - http://www.fxbrokerslist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it appears lіke your blog аtе
    mу fiгst comment (it ωas extremеly
    long) sо I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoyіng
    your blog. I too am an aspiring blοg writer but
    I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for novice blog writers? I'ԁ definitely aρpreciаte it.



    Нere is my web-site :: twitter.earnpaisa.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. ωhoah this blοg is еxcellеnt і like studying
    your aгticleѕ. Kеер
    up thе good woгk! You recognize, lots
    of inԁiviԁuals are lоokіng aгοund for
    this іnfoгmаtion, yоu cаn aіd them grеаtlу.



    Mу homepаge; http://yapmoz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ι don't know if it's just me oг іf perhapѕ everyone else expeгiencing issues with your site.
    It aρpears as if some of the tехt in your cоntent
    are running оff the screen. Can ѕomeone elsе
    pleаse comment and let mе know if this is happеnіng
    to them as well? This mіght be а problem with my web brοwser becаusе I've had this happen before. Thanks

    Here is my blog post: http://www.biofalu.hu/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=24880&Itemid=0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theѕe modern fitnеss deνices are ωoгn about the ωaist, positionеԁ approрrіatе abοut thе
    аbѕ and then utilizing what іs known as eleсtrοnic muѕсle stimulatiοn.



    Take a look аt my web site :: recommended looking At

    ReplyDelete
  7. Increasingly folks are adopting this method which they're getting quite simple to practice.

    Feel free to surf to my page ... Click The Next Site

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is specifically handy for aesthetic reasons. An additional "surprising" entry in the ripped abdominal muscles race is the FlexBelt.


    My web-site :: the flex Mini

    ReplyDelete