Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jennifer Probst - The Marriage Bargain - Author Interview

Author Interview

1. How did you come up with the title?
I wanted it simple and to the point, and always loved books with marriage in the title. My editors agreed!

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes, love and relationships are messy But I believe a true heart will always win, even if it doesn't seem so in the moment. Alexa and Nick had many hurdles to overcome and I think most couples in life battle the odds on a daily basis. I like to see them win.

3. How much of the book is realistic?
Well, there are some parts I drew on from experience, but I loved the idea of coming up with a current marriage of convenience story. Those are fun, and the reason I love writing fiction. Anything goes!

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
I had a secondary subplot with Alexa's mother and father - Maria and Jim. It would be fun to put that back and add some extra layers to the story.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Nothing. I loved writing this book - it was my true North. The hardest part was trying to sell it and get a publisher to fall in love with the book like I did.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Persevere. It was too easy to throw this book in the drawer and move on. I believed it was special, so I kept revising and tweaking and trying to get it to fit into the right market. Eventually, I got there so it was a great lesson to learn.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
Since birth. I always knew I wanted to write. Even my mom said as soon as I was able to express myself, I was telling stories to anyone who would listen. I was obsessed with books and writing since my first picture book!

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I have many favorites so this is quite difficult. I'd have to say I would go with Susan Elizabeth Phillips. She writes amazing secondary characters, uses humor brilliantly, and her writing is clean and enjoyable. She has a gorgeous voice that gives me pleasure every time I pick up one of her books.

9. Tell us your latest news.
We sold the Marriage to a Billionaire series to Pocket books! We're very excited about the transition and what's to come. The Marriage Trap will be available soon which details Maggie and Michael's story, and then book three, The Marriage Mistake, will be issued shortly after that.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I love hearing from all my readers so stalking is highly encouraged!


About the Book

To save her family home, Alexa Maria McKenzie casts a love spell and conjures up her best friend’s older brother—the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he offers Alexa a bold proposition.

A marriage in name only with certain rules: Avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn’t be that hard to follow, right?

Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans…

Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Paperback Release Date: September 4, 2012
Price: $7.99 (mass market paperback), $12.99 (trade paperback), $2.99 (Kindle)
Pages: 302
ePub ISBN: 978-1-62266-903-5
Print ISBN: 978-1-62061-279-8
Buy Link: Amazon


About the Author

Jennifer Probst is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of The Marriage Bargain. She wrote her first book at twelve years old. She bound it in a folder, read it to her classmates, and hasn’t stopped writing since. She makes her home in upstate New York with the whole crew who keep her active, stressed, joyous, and sad that her house will never be truly clean.

Links to connect with Jennifer:
Web site
Blog 
Facebook
Twitter




Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

1 comment:

  1. LOVED this book and the rest of the series. I read the entire series three times and would highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete