Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jeremy Francis - The Sins of His Grandmother - Author Interview

Author Interview

1. How did you come up with the title?
It's funny, because the title of this book is actually an innuendo of my life in a nutshell. But instead of being forthright and penning a memoir, I decided to mask the details of my life in a seemingly over-the-top fictional creation.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
There's absolutely a message that I want to get across to readers with this book. The message is pretty much being screamed out in every chapter of this book, and that message is: No matter what kind of abuse you may be enduring at the hands of another individual - whether it be mental abuse, physical, or spiritual abuse - seek help. Do not allow yourself to become complacent in a traumatically unhealthy environment. The results of such a mistake will haunt you for a lifetime.

3. How much of the book is realistic?
All of the the book's characters' behaviorisms and deeds were concocted inside of my head.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
I wouldn't change a single thing about "The Sins of His Grandmother". All of the characters in this book had a unique and important role to play, and they played their roles to perfection, in my opinion.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Being a first-time author, there were so many obstacles that I encountered writing this story. But the most difficult obstacle of all was trying to complete this story within the time frame that I had planned to finish it in. Not only was I juggling my writing time with my daily job, but writer's block also contributed to my untimely finish. Writer's block can be such a killer.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I indeed did learn something from writing this book. What I learned was that once you diligently apply yourself to reaching a certain goal, more often than not you will succeed.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I do remember. It was when I saw one of my primary shcool math teachers' class assignments on the chalkboard and I began to wish that the problems were made up of letters rather than numbers. As sad as it is to say, I despised math with a passion.

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that strikes you about their work? 
My favorite author would have to be R.L. Stine for the mere fact that I tried to emulate him to a certain degree while writing my own story. There was nothing that could grab my interest the way that his books did. He was a master at drawing me in from page one; that's what I loved.

9. Tell us your latest news.
Presently I am at work on my sophomore novel. I feel that I have matured as a writer since writing this first book, and I'm very interested to see where my imagination leads me with this second project.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Well, since I was gracious enough to share the thoughts in my head with my readers, I would like for them to share with me exactly what they thought about my work. They can feel free to contact me with comments, suggestions, or questions at riddlemo@yahoo.com.


About the Book

That presumably empty cottage situated in the middle of Yarmouth, Massachusetts' expansive woods created a shock when somebody living behind its decrepit wooden doors made it blatantly obvious that life indeed did subsist behind them. Amanda Sillow, who had been abducted at the age of 14 and was now nearly 100 years of age, wasn't in the least bit pleased when construction on the home of a neighbor got under way next door to her. She is now bent on doing whatever it takes to drive her new neighbors out of the neighborhood - starting before they even move in.

So, she didn't want those neighbors around, but Ms. Sillow wasn't fussy about having her grandson, Presley, come to live with her. She genuinely loved the boy, and he loved her. It was just his love that he had for his mother that she couldn't stand. In due time, Ms. Sillow would make her daughter regret ever having dropped her son off to live with her.

The Sins of His Grandmother is a gripping tale that brings to light the affects that jealousy can have on an individual who, though not clinically diagnosed to be mentally unsteady, exhibits clear, alarming mental deficiencies and should, at all costs, be avoided. With the author having drawn from some too-close-to-home personal experiences of his own, this fictional mystery/thriller has, in fact, been written in truth.

Price: $5.99
Pages: 308
Genre: Mystery/Suspense Thriller
Publisher: Jeremy Francis
Release Date: May 15, 2012
Buy Links: Amazon


About the Author

For as long as he could remember, Jeremy Francis was infatuated with words - so much so that he had made up several words of his own at the tender age of four. As the years went on, his infatuation with the English language turned into genuine love and respect. In 2000, at the age of 13, Jeremy competed in the Grand Bahama Island District Spelling Bee and finished in first place. Later that year, he competed in The Bahamas' National Spelling Bee competition and finished in second position. His knack for words caught the attention of Grand Bahama's local newspaper General Manager and Editor at the time, Oswald Brown, who extended to him the opportunity to come and work at The Freeport News once completing high school. Jeremy became a journalist at the age of 18 and worked at the newspaper company for two years. His focus has now shifted from writing just for his fellow Grand Bahamians. He aspires for his words to reach a much broader audience: the world.

Links to connect with Jeremy:
Facebook 
Twitter
YouTube


Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment