Friday, November 2, 2012

Vanessa Morgan - GPS with Benefits - Author Interview

Author Interview

1. How did you come up with the title?
GPS WITH BENEFITS is about a new GPS device that promises to improve one's driving style – a GPS with benefits if you want. It'll turn out that the GPS has a mind of 'her' own as well and that’s where the expression 'friends with benefits' comes into play.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
GPS WITH BENEFITS may help to turn you into a better driver, although the focus is on having a good laugh.


3. How much of the book is realistic?
How many people do you know that make jokes about their GPS device or even talk to it? Nearly everyone, right? Also, GPS devices already know where you are and how fast you are driving. Who says that, in the near future, they won't be able to know what you look at and what you say.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
GPS WITH BENEFITS was released November 1st, so it's too early to say.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
This one was soooo easy to write. I've never wrote anything that quickly and that easily before. Most of the story was already in my head when I started to write. I just had to get it down on paper.


6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
That it doesn't always take months or years to write a good story.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
When I saw Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying" on stage in London. I was in my early twenties back then. It took me a few years though to gain confidence and to start reacting upon that desire.


8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
One of my favorites is Carol Drinkwater. The beauty of her prose and her ability to make the reader see, feel and smell a setting makes her stand out from everyone else.


9. Tell us your latest news.
My vampire story, A GOOD MAN, is being turned into a movie as we speak; part of the movie has already been shot. You can have a look at the first behind-the-scenes pictures on my blog and watch some of the footage.

GPS WITH BENEFITS too will be turned into a film. The production is slated for 2013.

And I'm working on an illustrated supernatural thriller combining ghosts, witches and cats.


10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I'd like to say thank you for your continued support of my writing. You guys are the ones who have made my dream possible and I promise more chilling books and screenplays in the future.


About the Book

A womanizer purchases a new GPS device, but has no idea his buying one with a mind of ‘her’ own.

Format: ebook
Genre: Supernatural Thriller
Release Date: November 1, 2012



About the Author

Vanessa Morgan is known as the ‘female version of Stephen King’. Her screenplays, A GOOD MAN and GPS WITH BENEFITS, are currently being turned into movies. She is also the author of DROWNED SORROW and THE STRANGERS OUTSIDE. If she’s not working on her latest supernatural thriller, you can find her reading, watching horror movies, blogging, digging through flea markets or indulging in her unhealthy addiction to her cat. She writes in English, Dutch and French.

Links to connect with Vanessa:
Blog
Facebook 

Twitter
Goodreads
Google+
Pinterest
Amazon



Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah! In the еnd I got a weblog fгom wherе Ι bе
    сapаble of genuinely taκe useful fаcts regarԁing my study
    and κnoωlеԁge.

    Μy weblog Click On this website

    ReplyDelete