Monday, December 31, 2012

Eris Kelli - Piper LeVine: A Gypsy's Truth - Author Interview

Author Interview

1. How did you come up with the title?
I always finish writing my book before I settle on a title. With Piper LeVine a Gypsy's Truth, I wanted to incorporate the mystery and magic that my readers will find in the book into the title, so they will have a good idea of what they're getting into when they pick it up.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes, and there are several but the message that I believe to be the most important would be that one's identity while tied to their roots is also discovered in one's character, their actions and choices made especially in the hardest of times. No one has to be what they are expected to be but what they make themselves to be.

3. How much of the book is realistic?
Well, not too much since this is a Paranormal Romance that mixes, Gypsy Magic, werewolves and Baobhan Siths (Mythical Scottish Vampires). However, I did my best to make my characters realistic and constant.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
Right now, no. LOL! If you ask me the same question in about eight months, or so I'm sure I'll have a list. As an author I find that I'm consistently learning and when I go back to books, I've written in the past I always find areas in which I can improve. It's a process.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Honestly, it was finding time to write. It's my passion and I get depressed when I don't get to take advantage of this outlet. Piper LeVine a Gypsy's Truth was written primarily in the middle of the night as that is when I found my time to write. I'm a proud Mommy, and my children are my first priority and loves. However, when they sleep, I write.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I did a lot of research on the Gypsy culture and on the Scottish legends about Baobhans (Scottish Vampires) and I really learned a lot, but I have to admit that I took advantage of my poetic license in both of those areas. Learning about different cultures and belief systems is very interesting to me and has crammed my muse full of spunky and magical ideas.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
Absolutely! When I was a little girl, and I sat down to play Barbies with my friends I got so bored with the humdrum predictability of it all. Dress the Barbie brush its hair next they might go shopping or talk about a cute Ken doll. Boring!

So I would create an adventure instead. My Barbies became spies for America in WWII. They solved murders and hunted down the evil vampires. I became enchanted with how my ideas brought my friends to life and how much fun we'd have. During the summer, our games sometimes went on for days. We couldn't get enough and it was exciting to see what would happen and for me to consider what could happen.

The more I learn the more possibilities there are and to this day, I still can't wait to see what can happen next and hopefully my readers are like my friends, excited to find out right along side with me.

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Oh no! That is a REALLY hard question for someone who currently has over three hundred books on her Kindle. I have many favorites and it depends on when you ask me, but right now I'd have to say it is Iris Johansen. What keeps me coming back to read her books is that I always learn something and it's not in the painful classroom kind of way but along the way in the adventure. If I'm allowed to pick a second favorite, I'd pick Melody Anne because I love the way she can take an idea and recreate it in a way that it is new all over again.

9. Tell us your latest news.
The latest with me is that I am currently contributing to an Anthology entitled, Misery Loves Company, and this is my first time writing a short story. My short is called, Lost, and it is part of my ongoing love affair with the Piper LeVine series. This short is actually about one of my Baobhans and is a captivating read even if you haven't had the chance to read any of the Piper LeVine series. It is due to release in May on Amazon through Phoenix Fire Publishing. The second book in the Piper LeVine series, Piper LeVine and the Path of Betrayal is in to my editor and will have a release date soon. I am also working on the third book in the series which won't have a title until its complete.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Yes, I would love to take this chance to thank them for their loyalty and encouragement! It has made such a big difference for me and has me writing faster than my fingers can type. Please feel free to contact me on FB if you haven't already. I love to hear from you and will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Until then, keep reading!


About the Book

Piper LeVine is the daughter of wealthy Senator, Harold and Katrine LeVine and or so she thought. When a stranger arrives in the night and throws her identity into question, Piper is forced to uncover secrets of her true origin. The treacherous demons from a past she never knew she had, are coming for her.  Only the Gypsies know how to deal with the monsters of myth, but can she trust them?

Nicholas proves less than truthful from the get-go but who else can she hold onto amongst a sea of mystic if not hostile strangers? He is dangerous, captivating, and the only one who she knows will stand toe to toe with the creatures of the dark that seek her. But what will it cost and is it a price she can afford to pay?

In search for the truth Piper will find more than her identity. She will discover her destiny, what she is made of, and the family that determines her fate.

Genre: Young Adult/Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Great Minds Think Aloud
Release Date: January 2013


About the Author

Eris Kelli grew up in the Pacific Northwest as the youngest of 8 children. Her writing is fueled by her love of adventure, learning and her drive to explore an idea. She now resides in Midwest America, with her husband, 2 beautiful children, and happy old dog. Currently she is fast at work on the third book in the Piper LeVine Series.

Links to connect with Eris:
Web Site
Facebook
Twitter
Blog




Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished your book and am DYING for the sequel!! What a phenomenal debut! I love Piper, I can relate to her so much and she cracks me up...and Nicholas, well, wow, why can't he be real???? When will the sequel come out, and can I pre-order it?

    ReplyDelete