Friday, December 21, 2012

Marissa Carmel - iFeel - Author Interview

Author Interview 

1. How did you come up with the title?
My zodiac sign. I was reading my horoscope one day and it said Cancer’s catch phrase is ‘I Feel’ and I thought that would be a great name for a book. A few months later when I started writing, that’s what I called it, iFeel, since the main character is a human receptacle for the world’s emotions.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
To be true to yourself, and that the courage inside will give you the greatest power.

3. How much of the book is realistic?
A fair amount. The setting is contemporary, and the issues modern conflicts I believe a wide range of audiences can identify with. Supernatural elements are folded into everyday life adding to the drama, romance and fun.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
Not. One. Word.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Editing! I just never seemed to get it right. Then I got hooked up with the most amazing editor ever. He not only helped my with my grammatical offenses, he really elevated my writing. I owe him a lot, and I’m excited to be working with him on the next novel. Shameless plug, Gravitational Pull. Due out 2013.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I think I could write a novel from everything I learned! The one thing that stands out most is perseverance. I wanted to quit so many times, but for some reason, I just kept pushing. I’m really glad I did, because I’m so happy with the outcome.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
Senior year of high school. I was coming off a really bad academic year, and basically gave up all hope of ever liking school, or teachers for that matter. There was a new English teacher in the building, and lucky me, I had her second period. With no expectation, and a huge chip on my shoulder I reluctantly took her class. It was then she gave out those little blue notebooks and asked us answer a series of questions. She was young and cool and for some reason something about her resonated. So I answered the off the wall questions honestly; and very detailed. It was she, who pointed out my descriptive ability. She also restored my faith in the educational system; that year anyway. It all snowballed from there.

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Jonathon Swift. I love satire. That’s probably why my books are filled with snarky commentary.

9. Tell us your latest news.
Gravitational Pull is almost complete and ready for editing! It is very exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time. I’ve been working like crazy these past few months.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Just, that I hope they will give my books a chance. And also, I understand that when you pick up a book, you’re investing time and money, and with my novels, I want to be able to give readers a return.


About the Book

Lust. Anger. Hate. Desire. Love. Happiness. Joy. iFeel.



What happens when an unknowing empath meets a pixie who wears leather, a snitch who is repulsive and a fiery angel who can literally set your soul on fire? A whole lot of emotional turmoil and one love story ignited.



Liv Christianni is isolated, alone, tortured and withdrawn, saddled with the torrential downpour of the world’s emotions. Accepting of her providence Liv has lost all hope, until one day fate steps in and spins the course of her life like a spiraling top. Hunted by a Spirit Stalker, Liv is forced to gain control of herself and her surroundings, threatened by the touch of her immortal love; she must find a way to survive both physically and emotionally. Can she find the courage to accept her true self? Can she love unconditionally cognizant of the condemning consequences? Can she rise from the ashes to become the person she was always meant to be? Funny, witty, real, and poignant, iFeel rips into your soul, and sets your emotions on fire. If you are a fan of Charmed or Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries or The Secret Circle this series is for you!

Prices/Formats: $14.99 paperback, $4.99 ebook
Pages: 382
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: Great Minds Independent Ppublishing
Release Date: June 2012
Buy Links: Kindle, Amazon

Excerpt:

I direct my anger towards the mocking bottles of crazy pills settled in the cabinet. I attack them; clearing all the glass shelves in one angered fit. Tiny orange bottles fly all around my white tiled bathroom, exploding an array of colored pills against the walls and floor. It feels like I am bombing my past; liberating my future and releasing myself from whatever binds me. I want to be free, and if that means destroying my whole apartment in the process to get there, I am willing to do that.


I can feel the rage course through my veins; my head throbs and my throat burns as I thrash at my tiny bathroom. All I can hear are the voices of people who mean the most to me, those who encourage me, those who support me. To my surprise, the loudest voice is the one who is farthest away. Justice’s words echo against the tiled surface, telling me to let go, to accept my fate, to be magical and not mental. It makes me miss him all the more, but what he said finally makes sense.


My breaths pulse quickly in my lungs, as if the air is thinning. I have worked myself up into a crazed frenzy to expel my true self. My enraged fit has resulted in a bathroom bloodbath, me versus myself.
And I won.


About the Author

Marissa Carmel has been writing since a young age and although it has always been for personal enjoyment, she finally decided breakout and share her imagination with the world. She hopes that her universe is as fun and intriguing to her readers as it is to her. Marissa Carmel is originally from NJ but moved to Maryland several years ago, she enjoys reading, writing, and catching up on her ever growing DVR library. She is currently working on the sequel to iFeel, Gravitational Pull and the third and final installment of the Vis Vires trilogy, Constellation.

Links to connect with Marissa:
Web site
Facebook
Twitter




Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

    Feel free to visit my web page :: mansions for sale

    ReplyDelete