Thursday, January 3, 2013

Greg Frucci - Path of Three Hundred - Author Interview

Author Interview 

1. How did you come up with the title?
I began writing “Path of Three Hundred” while the images of sailing alone on the Atlantic Ocean were still fresh in my head. I wondered what I would title the book in the beginning and then just forgot about a title. While writing a chapter in the last Part, “Part III: The Challenge”, the title just hit me and became clear. Without spoiling too much of the story, it refers on the surface to a compass heading.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
“Be in the Now and Flow with the Present Moment of Time”. We can learn from past events in our lives, but they no longer exist. We can also plan for the future, yet the events which have not yet occurred do not exist either. Therefore, the are times in our lives where we must remain in the Present and stay there in order to travel a positive path filled with Love and Peace.

3. How much of the book is realistic?
The entire book is real. All of the events actually happened exactly the way in which I wrote them. The only parts of this book which are fictional are most of the character names, including my own.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
I have thought about this question quite a bit recently...this is not the first time the question has been asked of me. At first, I said emphatically, “No...I would not change a thing.” In thinking about it now as I write this, I would consider adding to the ending a bit more. Yet, I will write the next volume as soon as I finish another adventure on the sea, so given that fact, perhaps the book ends the way it needs to end. :) 


5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The most difficult part of writing the book was re-living certain past events. Most of the time, I loved going back in Time. All of the moments being on the sea, including the storms I battled, are positive ones which bring me joy in the remembering. Certain events on land however, are emotional in a painful way, yet remembering those events are in the end positive because they make me Stronger as a human.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I wrote the book in the third person. In doing so, I was able to “pull my Self out of the story”. There are characters in “Path of Three Hundred” who told me how they felt and acted while watching my progress at sea and on land. An aspect of writing in the third person is “becoming” those other characters...putting my Self in their shoes. This process created a perspective in me which I felt before, yet did not know how much it would affect me until I wrote how they felt and acted. The process humbled Me.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
When I was a child, I loved hearing stories told by others like my father and mother. I would go to my room and write fantastic stories of adventure while the images were still fresh in my mind. Dad was a fighter pilot in the United States Marine Corps, so his stories were always fantastic, creating amazing images in my mind. I am an artist by training, an Architect, so creativity has always been a part of me.

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Paulo Coehlo is my favorite author. The images in my mind created by the stories he tells are forever etched in my Soul. Images of Transformation, which is exactly what “Path of Three Hundred” is all about.

9. Tell us your latest news.
I am getting prepared to move back to the San Francisco Bay Area where I lived until 2004. I gave a “Talk” about the book and it's message a few weeks ago. Once the film of the Talk is edited, I will post it online and use the film to hopefully get some speaking events lined up once I am back in California.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Check out the reviews on Amazon.com and Goodreads.com. People are finding aspects of the story which generates a Strength within them. Even if that is not what you are looking for, the adventure on the surface is a strong one. I've gotten messages from people who say stuff like, “I didn't want to put the book down because I felt like if I did, I would abandon you while you were at sea alone.” These kinds of comments warm my Soul. Life is something we are indeed all in together.


About the Book

“Path of Three Hundred” is an open ocean sailing adventure by a human who just wanted to strip away all that was comfortable in Life and challenge himself in a search for Peace and Home. Find out what he was made of within his core. It is a novel devoted to an Inner Path...a Path we all have and feel from time to time. I felt compelled to write the book because of the transformation of self while being at sea through the physical challenges I faced while alone. “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome” was the mantra of my father and it was that phrase taught to me from my youth that kept me strong while alone at sea. There is no place to “pull over” out there, nor is there anyone to take the helm so that I could rest when tired or hungry. Eight days of sailing to get to Bermuda and nine days of sailing back to Wilmington. I experienced storms, the Bermuda Triangle and beautiful wonders of Nature unlike anything I can ever remember. The last full day at sea on the way back, a huge pod of dolphins stayed with me for hours as if to welcome me home.

Prices/Formats: $12.99 paperback, $2.99 ebook
Pages: 166
Genre: Adventure / Body, Mind, Spirit / Inspiration, Personal Growth
Publisher: self-published
Release Date: December 11, 2012 (2nd edition)
Buy Links: Amazon, Kindle, Barnes and Noble


About the Author

Greg Frucci is a published Author and Artist in multiple areas. A graduate with honors of Carnegie Mellon University with a Bachelor of Architecture, he started his Architecture career working for a firm in North Carolina, ran his own sole proprietorship for nine years and later moved to San Francisco, CA where he worked in large Architecture firms. He now lives in Wilmington, NC on his sailboat, the S/V Cuddy where he works part time for The Home Depot and a Meeting Planning company, Paragon International, Inc. His second book, “Path of Three Hundred” was published on August 26, 2012 and is based in the reality of a solo sailing adventure on the Atlantic Ocean. His documentary feature film, “Changing Course” is in progress as he continues a solo sailing journey to places yet unknown. He is also a screenwriter with five screenplays in various stages of completion, two of which are complete. Spiritually and philosophy interest Greg so his writing is rich with both. As a seeker of the unknown, Greg has been known to just take off into the wild from time to time, get lost and return with fantastic stories of adventure.

Links to connect with Greg:
Web site/Blog
Facebook (author)
Facebook (book)
Twitter





Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment