Thursday, March 7, 2013

Jennifer Probst - All the Way - Author Interview



Author Interview 

1. How did you come up with the title?
The title is specifically from a Frank Sinatra song I’ve always loved, and hooks up with this fantastic movie, The Joker Is Wild. It’s about love and needing to commit to a person completely and inspired the story.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
My themes in this book are revenge and redemption. I wanted to explore a man walking away from his life and then realizing his mistakes. When he returns, he has to gain forgiveness, trust, and heal the wounds he caused from the past. It makes for a powerful story.

3. How much of the book is realistic?
I think there’s a lot in all fiction and romance stories that are realistic. The characters go through struggles we face every day – making choices that can affect life, and the power of a person changing. It takes place in a real world setting and time where readers can relate to.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
No. Boy, that felt good to say that! I’m very proud of this book and worked hard on it.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Smoothing out all the rough edges. Many of my hard scenes came easily, but getting each scene to transition and feed the reader into each chapter without any bumps or boredom was my challenge. Keeping the story tight, moving, yet emotional at all times.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Yes. I wrote this book originally over a decade ago. It always had a special place in my heart, so I decided to pull it out of the drawer and re-work it. I learned you can take something crude and rough and unformed and transform it into a diamond if you work really hard at it. This book also reminded me that just because a novel didn’t work at one time, it doesn’t mean it won’t work later on when the time is right.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I was born wanting to be a writer and it was always my True North. In this way, my life was quite blessed because I always had a dream to aspire to.

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I don’t have a favorite author, I have many. I admire different things in each one of them. I love the way Dean Koontz structures a story. I love the way Susan Elisabeth Phillips makes characters come alive and jump off the page. I love the way Garth Stein made the hero of his book – a dog—more real than a human. I love the way Stephen King translated the writing profession in a way that was awe inspiring and real.

9. Tell us your latest news.
So much news! My latest installment in my Marriage to a Billionaire series continues with The Marriage Merger releasing July 23rd. Then I have a brand new series – the Lovespell Series – coming January 2014 which continues characters from the marriage series. And finally, I am beginning a brand new project, The Posse Series, with my first book arriving in October. So tons of exciting projects are on the horizon!

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Readers rock. I love getting email, and always write back. I love interaction with my fans, and am always looking for new Posse members to join my street team and join the fun!


About the Book

The food critic…

Miranda Storme never expected to see Gavin Luciano again. Three years ago, they had an intense affair—and then he bolted. Now he’s back, and Miranda has the pleasure of a little payback: a scathing review of his restaurant. Revenge is a dish best served the first chance you get…

And the restaurateur…

With three months to make his family’s struggling Italian restaurant successful, a bad review is Gavin’s worst nightmare. But this isn’t just about the meal. He's finally realized what he left behind and is determined to spend the next eight weeks proving himself to her in the kitchen…and in the bedroom! This is one dish she won’t be able to refuse...

Prices/Formats: $2.99 ebook
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release Date: March 4, 2013
Buy Links: Amazon


About the Author

Jennifer Probst is a New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of contemporary romance fiction, both sexy and erotic.


Links to Connect with Jennifer:
Twitter
Web Site
Goodreads
Facebook







Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment