Thursday, May 16, 2013

Vickie Hall - Journey of Promise - Author Interview


Author Interview 

1. How did you come up with the title?
This was an easy one - it's the second book in a series. The first book was called All That Was Promised, so this book became Journey of Promise, which fulfills the desire for the characters to emigrate to American from Wales.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes, that we can overcome our trials. No matter what obstacles are put in our paths, we can find a way around, over, across, or through them!

3. How much of the book is realistic?
Quite a bit as it's inspired by the journals of my great-great grandparents.Many of the things they experienced really happened.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
I don't think so. I'm pretty happy with the characters and their stories.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
I think it was trying to imagine what it was like to leave everything behind to start a new life in a strange, new country. I'll probably never really know that first hand, so it was challenging to put myself in my characters' shoes.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I really did. I learned how faith can get us through so much in our lives. We just need to trust in God a little more.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I was always interested in writing stories and plays as a child, but my real passion came in high school. I had a wonderful English teacher who encouraged me and thought I had talent. I owe her a real debt of gratitude.

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I enjoy Kristin Hannah quite a bit. She has a flare for realistic dialogue and displaying human emotion.

9. Tell us your latest news.
I just completed a new manuscript that's with my editor now. It's about a fake medium in 1910 Baltimore who is visited by the ghost of a murdered man. He won't let her rest until she finds out who killed him. It's been so much fun writing this book and has a lot of humor and mystery. It's called A Small Medium at Large and I hope to have it out this fall.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I'd like to share my favorite quote by George Eliot: "It's never too late to be what you might have been." Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll visit my author page on Amazon.com


About the Book

When converts Richard and Leah Kenyon leave Wales and heed the call to Zion, they are unprepared for the toll exacted by the journey. To face the incredible odds mounted against them they call upon the Lord’s tender mercies to see them through and strengthen their love for one another. Their story will remind you where to turn during your trials.

Prices/Formats: $7.99 ebook, $17.99 paperback
Pages: 272
Genre: Historical Fiction
Publisher: Cedar Fort, Inc.
Release Date: March 12, 2013
Buy Links: Amazon



About the Author

Vickie is a native of Utah, but growing up, lived in the states of Colorado, Idaho, Montana, and Nebraska. When she’s not writing, she’s composing music, or shopping with her sister. She loves animals of all kinds and camping with her family. Her favorite pastime is watching old movies on TCM, and unashamedly has a crush on Cary Grant.


Links to Connect with Vickie:
Blog
Facebook
Web site
Goodreads







Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

2 comments: