Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ernest Dempsey - The Dream Rider - Author Interview


Author Interview 

1. How did you come up with the title?
The story came as a result of a series of dreams and in the story, the main character travels through space and time via his dreams, so it just made sense. Plus it sounds cool.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yep. Believe in yourself. Let go of fears. Expand your mind and your character to become something better, something awesome.

3. How much of the book is realistic?
20% Although, if it turns out that the theories about dream travel are actually correct, more like 70%. Based on current knowledge, though, 20.

4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your book?
No. I like how it turned out. Some people wanted a longer book. Most of myfeedback the readers was that they thought it was a great length, just under 300 pages. Many of them said they read it in a few days and that the flow was perfect. I'm pretty light on developing my characters in one book so that allows for a lot of good action and plot to move along quickly.

5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Deciding on the main plot. I wrote half of the book three times before I decided which plot line I liked the best. So, I ended up trashing about 80,000 words.

6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
That I enjoy writing from the first person. It makes the whole experience a much more detailed affair, I think.

7. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I've just always had stories running around in my head.

8. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Steve Berry. His story flow, the details of each setting, the characters, the action, the way he weaves a puzzle with ancient history. All of it is just so amazing.

9. Tell us your latest news.
I'm working on the third book of my first trilogy which will tail into an ongoing series with those characters. When I'm done with that I will be writing the follow up to The Dream Rider.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Just that I sincerely appreciate each one of them. My readers are so kind hearted and full of great things. They really are awesome people. I get emails from many of them, some who are going through tough trials in life. I just hope that I can take their minds off of their difficulties and make them smile or think about something else for a while. Maybe even help them work through their issues. I want to tell them thank you for reading my books and enjoying my stories. Most of all, I want to thank them for pushing me on to keep writing. I do it for the ones who say, "hurry up and write the next one." That is the best compliment an author can get.


About the Book

Finn McClaren is an average college student until he wakes up on an alien world on the other side of the galaxy. He is forced to face some of his greatest fears and fight through a series of gladiator games in an effort to overthrow an evil emperor and free the people of the entire planet.

Prices/Formats: $0.99 ebook (limited time price)
Pages: 273
Genre: Science Fiction
Publisher: Enclave Publishing
Release Date: June 14, 2013
Buy Links: Amazon



About the Author

Ernest Dempsey is a Science Fiction and Action/Adventure author from Chattanooga, Tennessee. He has a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and a Masters in School Counseling.

Dempsey has been writing since he was in high school but only sought publication three years ago with his first action adventure thriller The Secret of the Stones. That genre is one he is a huge fan of and loves the works of Dan Brown, Steve Berry, Clive Cussler, and James Rollins along with some of the classics such as Alexandre Dumas and Edgar Poe.

As a high school counselor, he constantly saw young people reading the same old tired stories about vampires and werewolves and decided young people, and people in general, needed to have something different to read. The Dream Rider was born out of a series of nightmares Dempsey had over the period of a month in 2006. Now those stories come to life on the pages of his innovative Science Fiction novel for the world to enjoy.


Links to Connect with Ernest:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter







Tribute Books Blog Tours 
Put our promotional experience to work for your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment